Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Phinally!

Phinally a Pheasant at Hill of Beath this morning, and not the only success of a slow cycle to work. Covering the Winter Thrush survey area at walking pace I managed to log a Pheasant (#57 for HOB) for my patch challenge, a couple of northbound Mipits for trek (www.trektellen.nl), four singing Song Thrush and a flock of Fieldfare for my Winter Thrush records and discovered a new park I never noticed before - two singing Reed Buntings in the shadow of Tesco.

Add to that a GS Woodpecker and some gorgeous Bullfinch in the early sunlight and it was a great start to the day. Next time I think I'll be able to carry my camera too.

+Pheasant => 57, 81% of target

Not a big un' so I'll throw this onto the end - 12 Common Scoter in Inverkeithing Bay at lunchtime were my first February record. If they hang on a couple of days they'll be my first March record too.

No comments:

Post a Comment