Pages

Friday 23 August 2013

Divit delight!

Star of this morning's show, without further ado, my first Divit Little Gull! Long awaited and missed last year, presumably annual, and now finally mine. I was just scanning the gantry for Common and Black-headed Gull, Med Gull in the back of my mind, when wait ... what's that? Juvenile Little Gull - maybe my favourite Gull species. No, definitely my favourite gull species. It hung around for a bit with the smaller gulls and a few Common Tern, before heading off east.



I had already seen a Common Sand take off from the rocks near Stone marine and head towards St. David's Bay, and although vismig as pretty slow - not unusual for slight easterlies - it was a good morning, with a raft of 400 Teal also to be seen, some of which dropped into Preston Hill Quarry. None that came close enough could be picked out as something different (Garganey, Shoveler, e.g.), and I'm slightly concerned that being away next week will mean missing the Anas rush, but I'll take this anyway. Little Gull is the 99th species for the year and means I am exactly where i was at this time last year.

Flotsam?

Nope!

A bit closer

Cormorant flypast

No comments:

Post a Comment