Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

Aerial Display

Cycled to work this morning, meaning a run along the south of Hill of Beath followed by a spell at Merlin drive, Dunfermline. Added Oystercatcher to one square of HOB but Merlin Drive delivered more today. Nice collection of Swallows, House Martins and Swifts over the drainage pond and today's special guests were a pair of Tufted Duck, which along with two flypast Stock Doves made two additions to my site list.

Had a quick read of the first chapter of "How to be a Bad Birdwatcher" at lunchtime, which contained the nice line, "I don't GO birdwatching. I AM birdwatching". So often I think about how aware I am of what birds are where in my environment. Once you become sensitised, you are never exactly "off". Maybe not even when you're unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment